· A revised Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) is being produced by the council.
. It is intended to eventually replace the existing one which was adopted in 2006
· The SCI sets out how Dudley Council will consult on planning policy documents, Neighbourhood Plans, planning and related applications and development orders, as well as who the council will consult and for how long
· The document sets out the how the council intends to engage with the community in a way which reflects the aims and objectives of the Council Plan, with particular regard to:-
· Using straightforward language
· Enabling the community to have more involvement in shaping their neighbourhoods through Neighbourhood Planning
· Engaging with, and getting views from, a wider cross section of the community
· Where feasible, giving the community longer to comment and more ways of commenting on planning documents
· Using new and a wide range of communication methods, for example, social media.
The consultation period, which ran for 8 Weeks – from Monday 3rd October 2016 to Monday 28th November 2016 – has now closed. Dudley Council is considering your comments and is seeking to adopt the SCI in spring 2017.
· There is a full version of the draft SCI below
· To assist in the consultation process, there is also a summary version of the SCI, along with a questionnaire – also below
· However, you can respond to us without using the questionnaire
· Please forward any comments you have to our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below