Parking dispensations are permits that are issued to allow vehicles to park within enforced areas.
When is a parking Dispensation Issued?
A parking dispensation is only issued when it is absolutely necessary for a vehicle to be parked for longer than permitted or in a restricted area. Reasons for the issue of a parking dispensation may include emergency works, building works and essential renovations where it is necessary to have the vehicle close to the location.
How to Apply for a Parking Dispensation
How long will my application take to process?
The Parking Management Unit aim to process your application within two working days after receipt of your completed form. In the event that your application has been refused, a letter of explanation will be offered.
Monitoring of Parking Dispensations
Please be aware that Parking Attendants will conduct frequent inspections to enure that the dispensation is necessary. In the event that the dispensation is being misused, it will be cancelled immediately. The vehicle must not be causing an obstruction at any time.
Conditions of use
- Due to traffic sensitive areas, the dispensation permit may not be valid during busy times
- This is not a general dispensation and is only used in respect of the vehicle, periods and purposes shown
- Materials and goods must not be deposited on the footway or carriageway (except to the immediate rear of the vehicle) ; nor shall they be passed across any part of the footway or carriageway in any manner which may interfere with the safety of pedestrians and/or other vehicles
- The motorist must move the vehicle elsewhere and within the regulations once the purpose stated has been accomplished
- The applicant/driver must move the vehicle if so directed by a Police Officer or an employee of the Parking Management Unit
- The applicant/driver must park safely at all times and not obstruct access to side roads and/or adjacent premises
Can I start parking before receiving my dispensation (i.e. will tacit consent apply)?
No, your vehicle must be parked in adherence with the parking regulations until a permit has been received. It is advisable to allow sufficient time in which to complete your application and to receive a response.
Report a Problem
If you would like to report a problem regarding your parking dispensation, please contact us using the details below.
If I am not satisfied with the service I have received from the Council, how do I complaint?
If you feel we have failed to provide you with good service or are concerned about the progress of your application, please contact us and we will endeavour to resolve any concerns you may have. We also have a formal complaints procedure.