[Skip to content]


Building Regulation Fees & Charges


The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010.

Regulation 12 : In accordance with the above Regulations, Dudley MBC have amended their Building Control Fees from 10th April 2017. Below are the new fees applicable from this date. Should you have any enquiries about these fees, please contact Building Control on 01384 814136

On 1 April 2010 The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 came into force requiring Local Authorities to alter the way they charge for their Building Control Function.

Dudley Building Control introduced a new fee structure from 1 October 2010.

The current fees came into effect on 10th April 2017 and can be found below


When are the fees payable?

If you use a Building Notice Application the fee is payable at the time of submission.

If you use a Full Plans Application, the fee is generally split into a plan fee and an inspection fee.

The Plan fee should be provided when the application is submitted

The Inspection fee will be invoiced following commencement of the works and a visit by an officer – this is a one off fee for all reasonable visits required to assess compliance

If you use a regularisation application the fee is payable at the time of submission

Further information on applications can be found on the [ Making an application ] webpage.


When can I commence site works?

You are required by law to have a registered application prior to commencement of works.

If you submit a Building Notice application you must wait 48 hours before commencement.

If you submit a Full Plans application and it is registered, you are legally entitled to commence the works, however all works undertaken prior to Determination of the application are entirely at your own risk.

You should always notify the Building Control Service for site inspections at all appropriate times.


Fee Exempt Works

Works to an existing dwelling that are solely for the benefit of a disabled person are generally fee exempt. You are advised to contact the building control service to verify that your scheme is fee exempt

Planning Portal logo