[Skip to content]


Planning Enforcement

The Council is committed to investigating cases where building work or other development appears to have occurred without the necessary planning permission. In September 2017 the Council adopted a new Planning Enforcement Procedure document which sets out how complaints regarding alleged unauthorised development will be processed and actioned.

The procedure document, a copy of which can be downloaded below, provides information on:

  • the purpose of planning enforcement

  • the matters which are and are not planning enforcement issues

  • the information which will be required for a complaint to be valid

  • the process for investigating a valid complaint

  • the powers the Council can potentially use in order to deal with harmful unauthorised development

:: View the Enforcement Plan

How to submit a planning enforcement complaint

The Planning Enforcement Procedure sets out the information which will be required in order for the Council to log and investigate a complaint relating to planning enforcement. Residents are required to view the plan prior to submitting an enquiry, and any complaints which do not provide the necessary information as required by the procedure will be deemed invalid and returned.

If you have an issue which you wish to report, please ensure to check the procedure document before contacting the Council, firstly in order to make sure that the issue is planning enforcement related, and secondly in order to make sure that you have provided all of the necessary information which is required for the complaint to be deemed valid. The Council will not investigate complaints which are not planning related, or where the enquirer has not reasonably looked into the matter themselves by checking the procedure before making a complaint.

Once you have checked the Planning Enforcement Procedure, and if you still feel that your issue is planning related and that a planning breach has occurred, please submit your enquiry using the link below, attaching any additional information or evidence you my have, for example photographs of the site involved, to the complaint form.

To complete the complaint form please open and edit the PDF document. Once you have completed all the relevant sections please save the document and attach it to an email along with photographs. Please note the complaint will not be validated without the site photographs, please refer to the Enforcement Plan at the bottom of the page for further information.

Please send your completed form and photographs to development.control@Dudley.gov.uk

Opening Times

Planning Offices and Reception

Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 5.00 pm

Please note that the offices are closed at weekends and Bank Holidays

Appointments with planning officers

By appointment only

Planning Portal logo
Planning awards
Rate the usefulness of this page
Rating Options

Contact Details

  • Name Planning Help Desk
  • Address Planning Enforcement, Planning and Economic Development, Directorate of Place, 4 Ednam Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 1HL
  • Telephone 01384 814136
  • Opening Hours Monday to Friday, 8:45 am to 5:00pm, please note that the offices are closed at weekends and Bank Holidays