[Skip to content]


Discretionary Housing Payments

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) are extra payments to help pay your rent.

We give these payments to people claiming benefit who need more help with their housing costs, if these are more than the amount of benefit received.

You can apply for a payment if you are currently entitled to Housing Benefit or Universal Credit. How much you could receive will depend on your circumstances. Each case is looked at individually, however we cannot guarantee we will definitely give you a payment.

If you are disabled, please contact us on 0300 555 8100 before you complete an application form, as in some cases this may not be necessary.

For all other customers, please complete the application form below.