The pool at Halesowen Leisure Centre will close from Tuesday 31 August 2021 for an extended period as part of a multi-million pound revamp of the site. The relocated temporary gym and limited fitness facilities will still be open at selected times during the refurbishment works.
The pool will close to allow it to be partially drained, refilled and repaired, with lighting improvements also planned as well as better provision for spectators. Changing rooms are also to be revamped with new changing village style facilities. It is expected to be back open for swimmers again in Spring next year.
The first phase, which is expected to be completed by the end of the year, will see a brand new reception, entrance and café area created at the Pool Road centre. A new soft play area and catering facilities will also be added where the learner pool used to be.
Gym facilities are being improved with the addition of new equipment and a toning suite. Facilities are also being made more accessible, with provision for a lift as well as the creation for the first time of a changing places room for people with support needs.
Information and guidance
- The centre will open at selected times for fitness classes and gym sessions only
- Toilet facilities will be available. Two portaloos will be on site
- Lockers will be available within the centre
- Changing facilities will not be available, so please come class and gym ready
- Shower facilities will not be available
- Entry will be via the outside cabin which is adjacent to the fire exits facing the gym
- It is recommended that fitness classes are still pre-booked prior to attending. Members can book up to 7 days in advance online or by telephone. Non-members up to 4 days by telephone
- You will need to bring your own exercise mat for all classes at Halesowen Leisure Centre to help with cleaning requirements
- Please wipe touch points on gym equipment after use. Signage will be in place to help you out
- Gym equipment will be unlocked to allow access without the use of a data key. The unity pods will be out of use until the refurbishment is completed
- You may bring a towel into the Lifestyles gym (only to wipe personal perspiration and not equipment)
- Gym inductions are available. To book, please call the leisure centre on 01384 812800 (option)
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your session
- Hand sanitiser stations will still be in place throughout the centre
- The government recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas, however the wearing of masks will be down to individual choice when going through the centre. Face coverings should not be worn when exercising
- Please do not enter the centre if you or someone you live with has a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste.
- Activities and times are subject to change.