Skip to main content

Emergency planning advice for holidays abroad

Advice for people affected by emergencies abroad such as natural disasters and political unrest

Although almost all of these trips are trouble-free every year the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) helps tens of thousands of British nationals who are having difficulties overseas.

Further information

Reduce your risk from terrorism while abroad

How to minimise your risk, and what to do if there's a terrorist attack.

Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office travel advice

Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) travel advice aims to inform British nationals so they can make decisions about travelling abroad. This page sets out how the FCDO assesses risks and compiles travel advice.

Find a British embassy, high commission or consulate

Here you can find a list of contact information for embassies, high commissions and consulates

Visit Europe after Brexit

Find out how new Brexit rules apply to things like travelling, working, studying and doing business with Europe in or with EU countries.

Travel vaccinations

If you're planning to travel outside the UK, you may need to be vaccinated against some of the serious diseases found in other parts of the world.