Skip to main content

Energy bills rebate

Applications are still open for the discretionary fund.

If you have not received your £150 Energy rebate payment contact us urgently at

Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

We work towards ensuring landlords meet their legal obligations within the Dudley borough.

Privately Rented Accommodation

If you are a landlord, you are required to maintain your rental accommodation to certain legal standards. If we discover that there are problems at a property and insufficient action has been taken, without reasonable excuse, then consideration will be given to formal action. This may include the service of a legal notice, for which a charge may be made. Further action may include financial penalty, prosecution and/or works in default of the notice.

Application Process

With your application you must also provide:

  • a floor plan of the property indicating room sizes, location of the bathroom, toilet and kitchen facilities plus the position of smoke alarms, emergency lighting units and fire doors

Any application received without this item will not be valid. 

If available, you should also provide:

  • a copy of the current gas safety certificate, (if the property has a gas supply),which must be renewed annually. Any application received without this certificate will be invalid. 
  • a valid electrical test certificate
  • a copy of the fire alarm test certificate
  • a copy of the emergency lighting test certificate
  • a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate, if one is required for the property.
  • a portable appliance test certificate for any electrical equipment you supply as part of the tenancy.
  • a declaration that all upholstered furniture supplied complies with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988

Please send completed Licence Application Form to Dudley MBC, Housing Enforcement Team, Harbour Buildings, Waterfront West, Brierley Hill DY5 1LN.   

An invoice will be raised for the application fee, once submitted application forms are received by the department.


A guide for Landlords and Managers

  • Telephone: Dudley Council Plus on 0300 555 2345