Skip to main content

Register Office

Registration Services

Services include:

  • Certificates
  • Change of name deed
  • Citizenship Ceremonies
  • European Union Settlement Scheme
  • Registration Corrections


Find information you need to register a birth including:

  • Who can register a birth
  • Where you can register
  • Information needed to register
  • Re-register a birth
  • Naming ceremonies


Find information you need for marriages including:

  • Places to hold your ceremony
  • How to give notice of marriage and civil partnership
  • Ceremonies abroad
  • Renewal of vows
  • Dudley wedding planner
  • Wedding stationery

Deaths & Funerals

Find information for deaths, funerals & cremations including:

  • Registering a death
  • Life Celebrations and Civil Funerals
  • Burials and graves
  • Cremations
  • The Black Country Coroner
  • Bereavement services and charges


  • There are currently no Covid 19 restrictions in place.

The Register Office in Dudley is open; you will need an appointment to register a birth, death or give notice.

  • Certificates can be ordered online
  • Ceremonies are booked by telephone, please visit our website for details on venues and fees and send us a message if you would like us to call you to book
  • Book a notice appointment online and find out further information on notice requirements

Comprehensive information for all our services can be found on our website where you can book appointments and contact us. 

  • Please do not attend an appointment or ceremony if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or have tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 5 days
  • When entering our buildings, do feel free to wear a face covering if you prefer.