If your child is in Reception, years one or two, you will automatically be entitled for free meals under the new 'Universal Infant Free School Meals' criteria. However if you do meet the criteria listed below then you will need to submit an online claim in order for your child’s school to receive Pupil Premium funding.
Note: We do not process claims for St. James's Academy, Beacon Academy or The Link Academy - please contact these Academies directly.
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.
Children under the compulsory school age who are in full time education may also be entitled to receive free school meals.