If your child is in Reception, years one or two, you will automatically be entitled for free meals under the new 'Universal Infant Free School Meals' criteria. However if you do meet the criteria listed below then you will need to submit an online claim in order for your child’s school to receive Pupil Premium funding.
Please note: We do not process claims for St James Academy, Beacon Hill Academy, The Link Academy, Pegasus Academy, Blowers Green Academy, Kates Hill Academy and Sledmere Academy.
Please check these school’s websites to claim, or contact these schools directly.
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Universal Credit (you must have less than £616.67 a month net earned income (after tax - and not including any benefits)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.