If you are a Dudley Council tenant or leaseholder, you can find out more about the policy terms and conditions, and your rights below.
The insurer recommends you keep a record of all information (including letters) provided to the insurer for your future reference. A Statement of Fact form will be provided in your confirmation letter if you decide to apply to purchase the policy.
Your insurance starts when Dudley MBC informs you that your application for insurance has been accepted. You will be sent a Policy Booklet and Schedule which will confirm the sum insured, premium and start date. It is important that the sum insured chosen is enough to cover the full replacement cost of all your contents and personal belongings.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the Data Controller in relation to any personal data you supply is Aviva Insurance Limited.
In order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time:
- Share information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the Police.
- Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches.
- Check and/or file your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases. We will record any suspected fraudulent activity and false information given.
- On request we can supply further details of the databases we access or contribute to.
We and other organisations may also search these agencies and databases to:
- Help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, credit and related services for you and members of your household.
- Trace debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your accounts or insurance policies.
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you provide other satisfactory proof of identity.
Your information may be used for the purposes of insurance administration by the insurer, its associated companies and agents, by reinsurers and your intermediary. It may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing the insurers compliance with any regulatory rules/codes. Your information may also be used for research and statistical purposes and crime prevention. It may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area for any of these purposes and for systems administration. Where this happens, we will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it.
If you give us information about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us and to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that you have told them who we are and what we will use their data for, as set out in this notice.
In case of personal data, with limited exceptions, and on payment of the appropriate fee, you have the right to access and if necessary rectify information held about you.
In assessing your application, the insurer may undertake checks against publicly available information (such as electoral roll, county court judgements, bankruptcy orders or repossessions). Similar checks may be made in assessing any claims made.
Information may also be shared with other insurers either directly or via those acting for the insurer (such as loss adjusters or investigators).
We will process information in a legitimate and lawful basis to facilitate and provide our services to tenants. In doing so we may use Adobe Sign, an electronic system, to validate and ensure agreements are legally binding through an e-signature solution.
This requires some information to be collected and stored with our third party cloud-hosted supplier in a safe and secure manner.
In order to assess the terms of the insurance contract or administer claims that arise, the insurer may need to collect data that the Data Protection Act defines as sensitive (such as medical condition or criminal convictions). By proceeding with this application, you will signify your consent to such information being processed by the insurer or its agents.
Under the conditions of this policy you agree to tell us about any insurance related incidents (such as fire, water damage, theft or an accident) whether or not they give rise to a claim. When you tell us about an incident we will pass information relating to a database.
We may search these databases when you apply for insurance, in the event of any incident or claim, or at time of renewal to validate your claims history or that of any other person or property likely to be involved in the policy or claim.
You should show these notices to anyone who has an interest in the insurance under the policy.
The Law of England and Wales will apply to this contract unless:
- You and the Insurer agree otherwise; or
- At the date of the contract you are a resident of (or, in the case of a business, the registered office or principal place of business is situated in) Scotland, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, in which case (in the absence of an agreement to the contrary) the law of that country will apply.
Find us on Google Maps