Students can learn a range of instruments at school by enrolling for lessons with Dudley Performing Arts.
The charge for a group lesson is just £8 and we will even provide an instrument for brass, bowed strings or woodwind! Guitars, Drums and keyboards are not provided by DPA but may be available in certain schools.
Individual lessons at £12.25 are available in some schools and you can find information on how to enrol below. Certain instruments can be provided at £10.50 per term with the first term free for new starters.
If you are not able access lessons in school please search for Music Lessons at Resonance for other options.
Lesson enrolment is currently closed and will re-open after the half term break.
Schools providing DPA lessons
Music lessons at Resonance
Enrol and pay for lessons
The agreement - what you are signing up for
- Lessons will commence at the beginning of each term
- Applications received after the published closing date will be rolled over to the following term/start date
- The spirit of the agreement is for a year of tuition split into 3 periods based on school terms. It is not possible to cancel tuition once the service has begun
- The length of a group lesson is 20 minutes for 2/3 students. The lesson length will be extended to 25 minutes (4 students) and in the event of a suitable group not being available an individual 15-minute lesson will be given
- Individual tuition is only offered in schools when agreed with the school
- Fees for all tuition and instrument provision are payable in advance each term and are non returnable. When the expected number of lessons are not completed due to the fault of DPA parents will be refunded or credited for future invoices. Pupils absence for any reasons will not qualify for refunds, nor will lessons missed due to disruptions caused by the school
- After initial application parents will be invoiced termly in advance of the following term. Failure to pay by the given deadline could result in a disruption to tuition and if there is no indication on intent to pay lessons will be cancelled
- No guarantee can be given as to the condition of DPA instruments, but every effort will be made to ensure that they are in a condition which allows the student to progress Where applied, the charge for maintenance covers normal wear and tear, but not the cost of replacement strings, rosin, reeds, valve oil or cleaning. In the event of wilful damage and/or negligence, parents will be responsible for the cost of replacement of repair. Insurance against damage and/or loss is the responsibility of parents. The Head of DPA will have the final decision as to who receives a DPA instrument. The period of the loan for flutes, clarinets, cornets and trumpets is limited to 2 years. At the discretion of DPA this may be extended
When will lessons take place?
Our teaching follows a set calendar that follows school term times that can be seen in the lesson calendar.
The times of the lessons will vary from school to school but usually take place between the start and end of the school day. Sometimes it is possible for lessons to be scheduled before the school day starts or just after the final bell.