The Red House Glass Cone is a great site to explore, enjoy and spend time.
Download our Augmented Reality App to explore the site and watch a virtual glass blowing demonstration.
Search: 'Red House Glass Cone' in the App store or Google Play Store
Explore this website to learn more about the site, collections and studios.
The Red House Glass Cone, High Street, Wordsley, Stourbridge DY8 4AZ
Adjacent to The Stourbridge Canal bridge, A491 High Street.
Rail: The closest railway station is: Stourbridge Junction
From Stourbridge Junction you can catch the shuttle train to Stourbridge Town which brings you to the bus station.
Bus: Number 16, 17 and 17a. Get off at Brook Street.
- Monday to Friday: 10am - 3pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 11am- 4pm
Red Cone Coffee Shop
Please check with individual studios for opening.
Free entry Some events may charge.
Telephone: 01384 812381
The Cone is a Grade 2* listed building and historic monument and is not fully accessible.
- Guide and Assistance dogs are very welcome on the external part of site.
- Original flooring within the actual Cone is uneven.
- The Cone is dimly lit.
- There is currently no lift access to the Upstairs Gallery.
- All events and family activities take place on the fully accessible ground floor.
- All free family trails take place on the ground floor.
Free for all our visitors. There are two dedicated parking spaces for Blue Badge holders.
There is an accessible toilet on the ground floor.
There is seating around the site.
- Baby Changing facilities.
- We welcome breastfeeding.
- Free wi-fi
- Bookable Guided Tours
- Rooms for hire
Situated at the heart of the historic Stourbridge Glass Quarter and next to the Stourbridge Canal, the Red House Glass Cone is one of only four left in the UK. It was built at the end of the 18th Century and used as a glasshouse, manufacturing glass, up until 1936.
Now a Visitor Attraction owned and managed by Dudley MBC, the Cone is home to designer-maker studios, a hot glass studio, industrial collection and independent coffee shop.