Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Goods Vehicle Operators Licence

Does Dudley MBC provide HGV operators licences?

No, the Council is simply consulted for its views as part of the consultation process. The Traffic and Transportation Service has an input into the process of licensing HGV depots within Dudley. The licence is granted by the North Eastern Traffic Area. You can contact them as follows:

How do I apply for an operators licence?

Applications for an operators license should be made to the North Eastern Traffic Area (contact details above).

How do I know if an application for an operators licence has been made?

Details of all applications must be published in the local newspaper for the area.

How can I object to an application for an operators licence?

The Council can only influence the grant of a licence by submitting objections and these can only be based on environmental, planning and health and safety grounds. If you would like to object please write to us using the contact details below.

If the Council is objecting, we may be able to incorporate your comments into our objection and may wish to call you as a witness at any public enquiry. Residents living immediately adjacent to the operators centre can also object directly to the North Eastern Traffic Area (please see the contact details above).

Contact Details

  • Name Traffic and Road Safety
  • Address Place Directorate, 4 Ednam Road, Dudley, West Midlands DY1 1HL
  • Telephone 01384 814469
  • Opening Hours Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 5.00 pm, Please note that the offices are closed at weekends and Bank Holidays