Skip to main content

Under the Highways Act 1980 it is necessary for anyone wishing to carry out certain functions on the highway to first get written permission to do so from us.

The area of the Highway is as defined on the plans held by us but usually includes the road, the adjacent footway and verges and sometimes other grassed areas nearby.

In order to get permission from us to carry out activities on the Highway, it's usually necessary to obtain some form of licence, permit or consent form and in some cases pay a fee. Written permission from us must be obtained before any work can be carried out.

Contact Us

Lister Road Depot
Lister Road
West Midlands

Telephone: 0300 555 2345