Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

If you have been assessed by adult social care as eligible for social care support and are receiving a personal budget, you can choose to take this as direct payments. This means that the council will give you the money to purchase your own care and support (this is not a 'benefit' and can only be used to buy the care and support services that you need). Direct payments provide choice, flexibility and control over your care and allows you to live a more independent life. You can discuss direct payments with your social worker, or the access team on 0300 555 0055.

There is another Direct Payment. This is to do with Benefits. Instead of using an order, book to get benefits they get paid straight into a bank account. The information here is not about the kind of Direct Payments to do with benefits.

We have a range of leaflets which explain how direct payments work. These are available on request, or can be downloaded below:


Lots of information for people taking direct payments, about employing care and support staff, or about using the services of a care agency is available on the Dudley Community Information Directory. The directory also lists a personal assistant directory, as well as a list of support providers who work to support people taking direct payments with the responsibilities that come along with it.

There is support available across the Dudley borough from the following support providers, to people receiving direct payments:

People Plus

:: view people plus provider profile

Local Support Team

:: view local support team provider profile

Ideal for All

:: view ideal for all provider profile

IBS Managed Account Ltd

:: view IBS provider profile

Direct payments - events, courses and information

Online Adult and Children's Safeguarding Training available to everyone receiving direct payments and their PAs

Dudley MBC has online training to provide you and your child/the person you care for with information about keeping safe. We strongly recommend you and any PAs you employ undertake the Adult course and Children’s course if appropriate.

- adults safeguarding online course

- children's safeguarding online course

Workplace Pensions for Personal Assistants - What individual employers need to know

Workplace pensions for PAs are being introduced between Feb 2015 and Feb 2018. See information produced by Disability Rights UK and contact your Direct Payments Support Service Provider if you want know how it will affect you.

- visit PA Directory

Funding for employer and or PA training

If you employ your own care and support staff, you can apply to Skills for Care to get money for training for you and your personal assistant. The money that is available is called individual employer funding. See Individual Employer Funding for further information.

External Links