Skip to main content

Unauthorised work is building work that has started without a Building Regulation application being deposited. If you think that this may have happened, please contact Building Control to report it to us.

The principal aims of the Building Regulations is to ensure a minimum standard of health, safety, welfare and convenience together with measures to conserve fuel and power. It is the interests of all that come into contact with buildings that compliance with these regulations is met.

Irrespective of the main purpose of the regulations, failure to be able to demonstrate that approval has been obtained for building works, can affect the sale of properties.

Contact Us

Telephone: 01384 814136 (Office hours and out of hours service).

Building Control
Regeneration and Enterprise
Council House
Priory Road
West Midlands

Find us on Google Maps