The council is constantly striving to improve the way that we deliver our services to meet the needs of local people, and to ensure that we can measure and demonstrate our achievements.
Dudley Council Plan 2019 to 2022
We have a One Council ethos to build an effective and dynamic organisation aligned to our three core priorities to:
- Grow the economy and create jobs
- Create a cleaner and greener place
- Support stronger and safer communities
Forging a future for all
The Council Plan also sets out Dudley Council's alignment with the shared vision for the borough, which is built around seven aspirations and developed with key partners and stakeholders.
In 2030 we would like the Dudley borough to be…
1. An affordable and attractive place to live with a green network of high quality parks, waterways and nature reserves that are valued by local people and visitors
2. A place where everybody has the education and skills they need, and where outstanding local schools, colleges and universities secure excellent results for their learners
3. A place of healthy, resilient, safe communities with high aspirations and the ability to shape their own future
4. Better connected with high quality and affordable transport, combining road, tram, rail, and new cycling and walking infrastructure
5. Renowned as home to a host of innovative and prosperous businesses, operating in high quality locations with space to grow, sustainable energy supplies and investing in their workforce
6. A place to visit and enjoy that drives opportunity, contributing to its ambitious future while celebrating its pioneering past
7. Full of vibrant towns and neighbourhoods offering a new mix of leisure, faith, cultural, residential and shopping uses
Read more on Dudley Borough Vision 2030, Forging a Future for all.