Throughout the UK and around the world, people watch on as the crisis in Ukraine continues, and want to help in any way they can. Our communities are coming together to support local and international appeals to help everyone affected.
Support for refugees and host families
- Welcome to Dudley
- Ukraine Welcome (Welcome Churches)
- Black Country Mental Health Charity
- Government welcome guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK
- Revival Fires Charity
- Citizens Advice Bureaux: After you get refugee status
- Apply for a school place and childcare
- Centre for Equality & Diversity
- Living in Dudley Borough
Health and social care
- BHA Contraception Guide - Ukrainian
- BHA Contraception Guide - English
- Entitlements to NHS services for migrants in England
- Keeping up to date with vaccinations
- Registering with a doctor (GP) and Mental Health assistance
- Moving to the UK migrant vaccinations leaflet
- How the NHS works - English
- How the NHS works - Ukrainian
- How the NHS works - Russian
Homes for Ukraine
The guidance on what you need to do before you travel to the UK and what you should do after you arrive has been updated. The update includes more information on available benefits under ‘Getting financial help’ and links to guidance about the Scottish and Welsh government sponsorship schemes.
General information on how the UK is responding and how you can help can be found on the Government website.
This factsheet explains how Ukrainians can apply to the Homes for Ukraine sponsorship scheme.
The Government has also announced two schemes for people fleeing the war.
- For people who already have family connections.
- For people who have no connections: “Homes for Ukraine” – this scheme is for anyone who has a spare room or second home they wish to offer to a Ukrainians can register on the Government website, and search for someone who would benefit.
Local councils have been asked to help with the “Homes for Ukraine” scheme by carrying out checks on the suitability of people who offer to provide accommodation, and the homes they are offering. We will receive details of any Dudley resident who registers on the website, and will contact them to arrange these checks. We do not know how many people will offer to help, but we will respond as quickly as we can.
More information can be found on the West Midlands Strategic Migration Partnership website.
Questions and answers on how the Homes for Ukraine scheme will work can be found on the Government website.
Statement from Dudley CVS
Dudley CVS, statutory, NHS partners and voluntary and community organisations and groups stand in solidarity with the people of Ukraine, Afghanistan, Syria, and people seeking refuge from other countries. People and organisations across Dudley borough have been coming together to support local and international appeals to help those seeking refuge from Ukraine, Afghanistan, Syria and other countries. Dudley CVS coordinates a bi-monthly network to harness support for refugees and asylum seekers across Dudley borough. It brings together local residents, statutory partners and the voluntary and community sector to share information and make connections. The network ensures that our community response to support people and families in need of help is coordinated and joined up.