Dudley Council expresses their whole hearted commitment to working with Jobcentre Plus to help potential recruits move from welfare to sustained employment and continue developing their skills to encourage progression, building on their commitment to benefit the communities they serve and make them better places to live and work.
Dudley Council will encourage their managers to enter into local employment partnerships with Jobcentre Plus including a number of specific measures that they will both take to help support more potential recruits back into work.
These measures should include some or all of the following, together with other measures agreed locally:
- Offering work trials, for an agreed number of potential recruits
- Offering a target number of places for disadvantaged jobless people to take up work experience, work placement or other employment initiatives that lead to jobs
- Working with Jobcentre Plus and our partners on the design of pre-employment training, where required, for potential recruits to ensure that it is relevant to employers’ needs
- Guaranteeing interviews or jobs to potential recruits who successfully complete the agreed training and/or meet job requirements
- Encouraging their employees to volunteer to provide one-to-one mentoring for potential recruits to help prepare them for work
- Reviewing their application processes to ensure that potential recruits are not are not inadvertently excluded by, for example, requirements for qualifications, or overly complicated procedures
- Considering sympathetically the needs of potential recruits for flexible working patterns
- Offering further training after recruits join them; and
- Providing facilities to hold group seminars run by Jobcentre Plus advisers, to introduce potential recruits to work
Jobcentre Plus will identify a nominated point of contact to lead on local employment partnerships in each location where local employment partnerships are agreed. Jobcentre Plus will work with Dudley Council to establish which measures might be appropriate for each location. Jobcentre Plus will work with partners to meet the needs of both Dudley Council and potential recruits. Dudley Council will review progress with Jobcentre Plus at regular intervals and help Jobcentre Plus identify people recruited as a result of this agreement.