This Privacy Notice explains how we use your information and how we protect your privacy in compliance with our legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). This notice applies to any activity involving our use of your personal data, for example, collecting, storing, sharing, and destroying.
What are your rights?
Your Information Rights are set out in the law. Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
• Have any inaccuracies corrected;
• Have your personal data erased;
• Place a restriction on our processing of your data;
• Object to processing; and
• To request your data to be ported (data portability)
You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information the council holds about you.
For more information, or if you wish to exercise your information rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org