Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Adult Health & Social Care

Staying independent

We are committed to supporting you to remain independent, improving your quality of life and helping you or the people you care for. 

Paying for care

Information and advice about choosing and paying for care.


If you look after a relative, neighbour or friend of any age who has a long term illness, disability or is older and frail you are a carer and we provide lots of services to help you. 

Support for living independently at home

Support information link on services and equipment we can offer to aid you. 

Request an assessment

The social care assessment is where we will sit down with you to discuss how you want to live your life and what care and support could help improve your situation.

Housing with care and support

Find out information about housing with care, residential and nursing homes, extra care housing and more.

Compliments, Comments, Complaints

We welcome feedback on our services please visit Adult Social Care Compliments, Comments and Complaints to do this and for further information on how to get involved with Adult Social Care.

Public Information Leaflets - Social Care

Dudley borough is a large and diverse area with a multi-cultural population. The directorate aims to ensure that information on its services is communicated in the most appropriate way to those people within the borough who, because of their ethnic background or visual or hearing impairment, require information in a different language or format.

Jargon buster

The Care and Support Jargon Buster is a plain English guide to the most commonly used social care words and phrases and what they mean. The definitions are plain English rather than legal, and were developed and tested by a steering group that included people who use services, carers, representatives from local authorities, information providers and key stakeholders from across the social care sector.

Further information

Find a service by visiting the Dudley Community Information Directory

How to contact us

You main point of contact for Adult Health and Social Care is our Access Team.

  • Telephone: 0300 555 0055

    Text Relay: Dial 18001 followed by the number you wish to contact.


    Opening times: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm

  • What to do in an emergency - out of hours service.

    Emergency Duty Team Social Worker

    Telephone: 0300 555 8574
    Opening hours: 5.00pm - 9.00am weekdays and 24 hours a day during weekends and public holidays.

    If your situation is life-threatening please call 999.