Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Social Care complaints and compliments

If you have something to say - we want to hear from you

We want to hear from you if you have a Complaint or Compliment about Social Care services.

There are two separate Complaints Procedures for Social Care Services. There is an Adults Social Care Complaints Procedure and a Children Social Care Complaints Procedure.

Although the procedures are different, the Quality and Complaints team deals with both.

We want to hear from you

We need you to tell us how you feel about Social Care Services. We like to know when we are getting things right, and we also need to know when there are problems. If we have made mistakes or could have done something better, tell us! If you are not happy with a service then you have the right to complain and to expect to be listened to, we will do all we can to resolve your complaint or concern speedily and effectively.

You may have a complaint or compliment about:

  • The kind of services we offer

  • The services you receive

  • How helpful our services are

  • Changes to services

We will:

  • Listen to what you have to say

  • Respond to you promptly

  • Ensure you receive a response to the issues you raise

  • Provide advice and information about how you can pursue a complaint should you need to do so

This is how our complaints procedure works...

Your complaint or comment:

First of all; try to talk the problem over with the person you are dealing with or ask to speak to the manager of the service if they are available. Explain why you are not happy. This gives them the opportunity to try and resolve matters straight away. If you have a complaint and it cannot be sorted out that day or latest the next working day then you may wish to make a formal complaint. Please see the complaints procedure below under related documents.

You can make a complaint by filling in a complaints form (see related documents below) or by writing to the Manager of the service or directly to the:-

Complaints Team (No 3)
Dudley MBC
The Council House
Priory Road
West Midlands
Phone: 01384 812417/814724

You can also complete our online form.

The Quality and Complaints Team: has the responsibility for the day to day operation of the social care complaint procedures.

When you make a complaint we will need your name and contact details and a brief description of your complaint, together with details of the service you are complaining about. You can complain on behalf of somebody else, but please ensure that you have their permission.

Once we have received your complaint:

We will get in touch with you to explain more about the complaint process and to discuss how your complaint will be looked into.

If you need some help communicating with us because English is not your first language, we can arrange help with translation and interpreting. We can also help with things like interpreting into British Sign Language, and using alternative formats such as Braille.

Your consent to look at your records:

In order to respond effectively to your complaint we may need to be able to look at any relevant records held about you by Social Care Services. We will ask your permission to see this information. If you are complaining on someone else's behalf, we will normally have to ask their permission.

If what you tell us about is a crime, or will affect the safety of a vulnerable child or adult, we cannot keep this secret - but we can help you to make sure the right people are told and the right action is taken.


We recognises and greatly value positive feedback from the people we serve. Therefore, we want to hear from you whenever you feel the service you have received merits praise. This helps us to:-

  • Understand what services people value and why

  • Share best practice

  • Make sure we learn and develop

Compliments are welcomed in the form of a:

  • Letter/card

  • Leaflet

  • Email

When presenting your compliment, could you provide:

  • The name of the person receiving the service

  • Name of service or individual worker being praised

  • Name of person giving the praise

  • Details of the work/service being praised

Please forward your compliment directly to the service concerned or to the:-

Complaints Team (No 3)
Dudley MBC
The Council House
Priory Road
West Midlands
Phone: 01384 812417/814724