Our Pleased to meet you service provides a range of practical help, advice and support to older people or younger people who have a disability or underlying health condition, in their own homes to help them live independently, happily and successfully.
Support on offer can help to:
- improve your health, hygiene and wellbeing
- improve your financial situation - including help with claiming the correct benefits, completing application forms / paperwork
- boost confidence
- address loneliness
- develop independent living skills and home management skills
- support you when you return from home after a hospital stay
We also provide:
- a useful visiting service to check people are alright whilst their family carers are away on holidays
- a scheme which works to help people get out and about, enjoying life, meeting other people and avoiding any feelings of loneliness or isolation. We can also help with getting access to essential groceries, or picking up medications.
Loneliness and isolation
Loneliness can have a huge impact on both physical and mental health. One of the key focuses of the Pleased to meet you service is to reduce loneliness and isolation for all older people. We want to support older people to stay positive in later life and provide a helping hand to help anyone feeling lonely get out about and enjoy life. Together we can help you overcome the fear of stepping into the community you want to be involved in or even create something new.
Evidence shows that being lonely has the same negative impact on health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
Call our Please to Meet You telephone line on 01384 812761 for a chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org.