Healthwatch England is the independent customer champion for both health and social care for children and adults. It ensures the overall views and experiences of people who use health and social care services are taken seriously both locally and nationally.
Healthwatch England leads and supports the Healthwatch network – comprising 148 community-focused local groups. Our local community is Healthwatch Dudley where we work locally to promote better outcomes in health for all and in social care for adults including:
- Providing intelligence to influence policy, planning, commissioning and delivery of health and social care services.
- Providing information and advice to help you access and make choices about services.
- Helping to access the independent complaints advocacy to support you if you need help to complain about NHS services.
- Having credibility and public trust through being responsive and acting on concerns when things go wrong and operating effectively and efficiently.
- Be statutory organisations (i.e. established by law).