Skip to main content

Council Tax helps to pay for Council services including education and social services, West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner and Fire & Civil Defence. The Council receives money from the Government and income from Business Rates, although this is not enough to cover the whole cost of Council services. The difference is made up by the Council Tax.

The Government has allocated extra resources to Councils (and allowed them to increase Council Tax by more than would otherwise be allowed without a referendum) to protect/increase spending on Adult Social Care in 2017/18. The relevant documents below have been submitted as required to the Secretary of State in connection with this funding.

See the documents below for budget information: