Dudley Council provide a gardening scheme for older and vulnerable tenants who are in need of a one off garden clearance or on-going maintenance.
The scheme is managed in partnership with Creative Support and Green Care, who have a team of trainees that undertake the work whilst studying a vocational training programme. This allows them to develop personal and employability skills whilst engaging in practical gardening activities.
Who can receive the service?
The service is available to all Dudley Council tenants who cannot maintain their gardens and have no relatives nearby who can help. They will need to be compliant with their tenancy conditions and be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Attendance Allowance.
- Disability Living Allowance/Personal Independence Payments.
- Severe Disablement Allowance.
- Industrial Injuries Benefit.
- War Disablement Pension.
- Long Term Incapacity Benefit.
- Income Support.
- Contributory Employment and Support Allowance.
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance.