Skip to main content

Essential Maintenance

Due to essential maintenance, our estore payment system will be unavailable at different times between 8am and 4pm on Sunday 14 April. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

The Children (Performances and Activities (England) Regulations 2014 states that in certain circumstances, children taking part in entertainment must be supervised by a chaperone.

Children in entertainment and performances must be in the care of their legal guardian (usually their parents) or an approved chaperone at all times; even when they are performing, they must remain in sight. Aunts, uncles, grandparents and childminders are not legal guardians (unless the courts have recognised them as such) so need to be approved in order to chaperone a child.

Become a chaperone

If you want to become a chaperone, you must apply to the council area where you live. Any adult living in the Dudley borough may apply to Dudley Council to be registered as an Approved Chaperone. The Education Support Service undertakes the 'approval' of chaperones.

Reporting concerns about a chaperone approved by Dudley MBC

The below form is for use by the public to report concerns about a chaperone licenced by Dudley MBC.