Skip to main content

Important Planning Update

From 1 July 2024 we will no longer be sending neighbour notification letters advising of planning applications made on, adjacent or near your property. To make sure you don't miss anything, please sign up for My Alerts.


Household Support Fund

Due to predicted high demand, applications for the Household Support Fund have now closed. Further support can be found on our Cost of Living and Household Support pages

Making a Building Control Application

Once you have established you need to make an application to the Building Control Service you are faced with which type of application to make. There are three main types of application:

Application Submissions

Please note: Due to a significant increase in Building Control applications there is currently a slight processing delay.

You should receive an application reference number/acknowledgement within 7 days, unfortunately we will not be able to answer queries on submissions before this time.

At this time we are unfortunately unable to offer any general advice or guidance unless you have a current application or it is a Statutory Function.

We would recommend that you seek your own appropriate professional advice from a suitably qualified person or view the LABC Front Door where there is advice and guidance relating to projects and construction.

Alternatively you may wish to view the pages of the Planning Portal for further advice and access to the Approved Documents.


We are happy accept applications by email and post.

Please send us your application form and relevant information by email:

or you can post it to:

Planning Help Desk
Building Control
Planning and Economic Development
Directorate of Place
4 Ednam Road

Forms and Documents:

Contact Us

Telephone: 01384 814136

Building Control
Regeneration and Enterprise
Council House
Priory Road
West Midlands

Find us on Google Maps