The purpose of the Access for All Supplementary Planning Document is to ensure inclusive design is factored into the development process.
This is done from the earliest stage creating a built environment which allows all members of the community to be included socially, economically and physically across Dudley Borough.
- Pedestrian movement – Access to buildings and public realm
- Access into new buildings
- Access into existing buildings
- New residential development: Accessible housing
- Adaptations to existing dwellings
- Buildings of historic or architectural importance
- Changes of use
- Automated Teller Machines (ATMs)
The SPD provides detail on how the authority expects access for all considerations to be taken into account in the development control process but will also give an early indication of likely requirements arising from Building Control which could impact design and layout of proposed developments.