If the event took place in the Dudley Borough you can apply to us for a certificate. We hold registers for births, marriages, civil partnerships and deaths that occurred from 1st July 1837 to the present day. For events that took place elsewhere you will need to apply to the relevant register office.
Please complete the on-line application form. This is the quickest and easiest way to order a certificate. This service requires an online payment. After you submit your form you will be taken to our secure payment facility to pay for the requested service.
You should read the fees and services information below before starting your online application to enable you to decide which service you require. We offer a standard 5 day service and a priority same-day service. For added security and peace of mind, we post all our certificates by Royal Mail 'signed for 1st class' service. Royal Mail aims to deliver the next working day, but this is not guaranteed and deliveries can take longer.
We have also included links to the General Register Office in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- General Register Office for England and Wales
- General Register Office in Scotland
- General Register Office for Northern Ireland
- Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry hold an online database for the West Midlands Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Black Country Connections - Family history within the Black country
- Visit www.gov.uk for information about getting a copy of a lost decree absolute
The centres below provide free public access to a complete set of the GRO Indexes in microfiche format. As well as the Birth, Marriage and Death indexes for the whole of England and Wales, indexes are available for recent events, the Adopted Children's Register, Civil Partnerships and events which have been registered overseas.
A full set of the indexes, can be found at:
- Birmingham Central Library
- Bridgend Reference and Information Library
- City of Westminster Archives Centre
- Manchester City Library
- Plymouth Central Library
- The British Library
- The London Metropolitan Archives
It should be noted that it is not possible to obtain a certificate at any of the locations listed above although some offices may provide internet access to the GRO online ordering service.
The easiest way to contact us is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to speak to us, please telephone 01384 815373. Please note our lines tend to be quieter in afternoons, however if we are not able to answer your call you will be diverted to Dudley Council Plus who may be able to help you, and if not, they will take a message so we can call you back.