Skip to main content

Many service stations require an Environmental Permit, which ensures that controls are in place to recover petrol vapour that can be lost to the atmosphere during the following activities.

  1. The unloading of petrol into stationary storage tanks from a road tanker, and
  2. The refuelling of motor vehicle petrol tanks

Controls to minimise vapour loss from the unloading of petrol into storage tanks are referred to as Stage 1 vapour recovery controls.

Controls to minimise vapour loss from the filling of vehicle tanks are referred to as Stage 2 vapour recovery controls.

Your Right of Appeal

Any person aggrieved by a refusal to be granted a permit or by any condition to which a permit is subject may appeal to the Planning Inspectorate who may give such directions regarding the permit or its conditions as it thinks proper.

Making a complaint

If you feel we have failed to provide you with good service or are concerned about the progress of your application, please contact us and we will endeavour to resolve any concerns you may have. We also have a formal complaints procedure.