We believe there are many advantages to be gained through the use of readily available technology. We have therefore adopted an electronic tendering system, ‘InTend’, which is an easy to use web based system for sending and receiving tender documentation securely.
The aim of this website is to help with efficiency and savings for all parties. This is because:
- Orders are distributed from a central point, and by email rather than higher cost methods such as hard copies in the post.
- Payments to suppliers are made by a secure ‘BACS’ method rather than raising and posting costly cheques where possible.
- We also promote the use of Purchase Cards and Lodge Cards across the Authority to enable the payment for goods and services to be conducted electronically.
For further information on Purchase Card and Lodge Card schemes, please contact the Purchase Card Team on 01384 814869 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of e-Tendering to Suppliers
- Eliminating the need for paper invoices
- Prompt Payment – within 1 working day
- Improving Cash flow
- Reducing banking costs for those using a lending/overdraft facility
- Reducing administration costs
- Improving business opportunities (especially with other Local Authorities)
- Improving business relationships
- Can lead to preferred Supplier Status
We will communicate with businesses, advertise current and future tender opportunities, and advise of contracts administrated through the use of this website.
Tender opportunities are also advertised through web portals such as Contracts Finder.
Visit the Dudley MBC eTendering website.