Skip to main content

Household Support Fund

Due to predicted high demand, applications for the Household Support Fund have now closed. Further support can be found on our Cost of Living and Household Support pages

If you think that you may be at risk of losing your home, by acting quickly you could get support to help you avoid it

We try to prevent homelessness wherever possible and offer advice and support on housing options. From those that are already homeless, to those who may be at risk of losing their home. We can also help with urgent housing needs or offer guidance on available options.

Support and advice services

Dudley Street Support

Dudley Street Support provides information, advice and guidance on local agencies and services that can help households who are at risk of becoming homeless.


Shelter can provide help and guidance if you have a problem with housing.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice offer impartial advice and information about housing, benefits, debt, work and more.


Centrepoint can provide help and support for young people age 18 to 25 years.

Campaign against living miserably (CALM)

CALM have a guide to homelessness and have advisors on hand to offer support.

Additional support

There are also advice services that can help with the things that might be causing your homelessness or making your problem worse.

Understanding the possession action process

Guidance updated for landlords and tenants

The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities have updated their guidance for landlords and tenants about the possession action process in the county courts in England, to reflect the launch of the Housing Loss Prevention Advice Service (HLPAS).

The Housing Loss Prevention Advice Service offers government-funded legal advice and representation (legal aid) to individuals facing possession proceedings which could result in the loss of their homes.