We aim to eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations between people of different backgrounds.
This applies to all of its employment polices and practices including recruitment and selection, training, promotion, transfer of staff, pay, benefits and terms and conditions.
Our aims are:
- To ensure that its employment policies and procedures do not discriminate directly or indirectly against any group or individual on any unjustifiable grounds.
- To make the profile of its workforce at all levels as representative of the Borough's population as possible.
- To monitor its employment processes by relevant protected characteristics and take action to address any inequalities that are apparent.
- To promote a culture of fairness and respect in all its employment policies, procedures and practices.
- To provide appropriate training for employees on equality issues.
- To protect its employees from harassment and investigate all claims of harassment that are made.
- To respond to the particular needs of employees, including those relating to religion or culture.