Dudley Council is a great place to work, as well as competitive salary, annual leave and pension we offer significant benefits and discounts through partner agencies and local retailers.
We operate an Agile Working Policy that determines your place of work inline with the flexible working hours of 7.30am - 7.30pm according to the needs of the service and the nature of your role. You can be required to work at any work location within the Dudley Borough at an appropriate workplace as directed by line management.
At Dudley Council we recognise prospective and existing employees sometimes require flexible working arrangements, and so we offer the following options to our employees:
- Occasional working at home – some jobs can occasionally be done at home, employees can request to work at home up to four days per month
- Flexi-time – some council jobs operate a flexi-time system giving flexible times for commencing and ending work, and the opportunity to claim up to two working days off for hours clocked. Annual Leave entitlement exceeding statutory standards
- Job share
Job sharing is when two or more people share the duties and responsibilities of one full-time job. Each person undertakes part of the work for part of a week or alternate weeks. Salary/wages and other benefits are then divided in proportion to the hours worked.
- All jobs are open to applicants on a job share basis. Job share may be unsuitable due to business reasons to justify that the post must be filled full time.
- Applications from job share candidates will be treated equally to those candidates wishing to work full time.
If you would like to apply for a post in a job share capacity, you should indicate that you would like to be considered for job share on the application form. You do not need to have an identified partner before applying to job share.
The Local Government Pension Scheme is a nationwide scheme and is a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees. Benefits are based on a career average scheme. For further information visit the West Midlands pension fund website.
We offer a range of staff care initiatives to safeguard the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. All staff have regular supervision with their manager and an annual performance review and development interview.
A confidential counselling service (BACP approved) and a mediation service is available on managerial referral plus a range of stress management training.
We support a wide range of learning and development opportunities, including: in-house, external, post-qualifying, professional, vocational and management development training; positive action programmes; secondment opportunities, mentoring and a commitment to continuous professional development.
Including but not limited to:
- Leave and special leave
- Sick pay - in accordance with national conditions of service
- Payroll Deduction Savings Scheme
- Car Parking Passes
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Leisure centre benefits
- Local discounts
- Trade union membership - all employees are entitled to join a Trade Union
If required by your job role there are set provisions regarding reimbursement for use of your own vehicle for purposes of employment.
Loans will be granted only to employees with an official mileage exceeding 2000 miles a year at the time of application.
Driving licence will be subject to checking with the DVLA. It is a council requirement to have business use car insurance and a valid MOT certificate (if applicable) and regular checks of this documentation will take place.
Where relocation is applicable and has been identified as available in the recruitment advertisement we can contribute towards removal expenses, legal fees, estate agent costs, lodging and incidental expenses, subject to conditions.