Dudley MBC is working in partnership with Textek to offer our residents a new service for the collection and recycling of selected bulky waste goods and materials.
For a small fee, you can recycle mattresses, bed bases, carpets and underlay quickly and easily.
What the recycled materials are used for:
- Metal: Used within the UK and is melted down and turned into many different items from kettles to planes.
- Foam: This is broken down and reused as carpet underlay.
- Shoddy: This material is reused as soundproofing for the automotive trade.
- Poly: This material is used in equestrian flooring.
- Mixed Textile: This is used as a replacement to traditional fossil fuels as a source to power your home.