Skip to main content

To begin your journey with Adult Social Care, via the Adults Front of House please contact a social care advisor today.

The portal allows you to do your own self-assessment online, supporting you to identify your needs, enabling you to refer yourself for a variety of services from Dudley Adult Social Care.

Telephone: 0300 555 0055


What to expect from the Adults Front of House

If you live in Dudley, are 18 or over and need support with your health and wellbeing, or are seeking support for a family member or friend, we are here for you.

Once you contact a social care advisor they will ask you questions about your personal circumstances to gather relevant information and initiate appropriate service delivery:

  • They will discuss what is working well for you and what you need support with
  • Determine suitable advice, guidance, information and signposting relevant to you
  • Assess Care Act eligibility based on your circumstances
  • Screen for safeguarding referrals if you are worried someone is at risk of abuse

We will:

  • Explore solutions rather than focus on problems
  • Encourage you to identify your own needs and outcomes and enable you to make decisions on how you progress from the call
  • Use open-ended questions to allow you to describe your situation and daily life
  • Be clear about Care Act eligibility criteria
  • Ensure you have quality information on how your needs can be met with other complementary resources
  • Always ensure you are happy to have or even want/need Local Authority involvement