Skip to main content

If you need practical help in the home with your personal care needs, our adult social care team can help you. We give advice and, if appropriate, a referral for assessment. We can also help you with skills and practical help to allow you to remain independent in your home.

Assistance with meals

If you require assistance with your meals, you can request a social care assessment from the Adults Front of House Service.

  • Delivered meals - if you want to make your own arrangements, there are a number of local and national commercial organisations offering to deliver meals. Please refer to the Dudley Community Information Directory for further details on 'meals provision' and help with shopping.
  • Social centres and luncheon clubs - throughout the borough there are several groups offering both lunch and social opportunities. More information is on the Dudley Community Information Directory.

Enabling community support

The enabling community support service provides a range of practical help, advice and support to people aged 60 plus, in their homesIt is for people who live at home but who need a little extra support on a short term basis, to live independentlyhappily and successfully.

Living well, feeling safe

The Living Well, Feeling Safe scheme offers older people living across Dudley borough, practical safety, security and wellbeing advice, in their own homes.

The partnership scheme is made up of:

  • Dudley Council
  • Age UK Dudley
  • West Midlands Police
  • Victim Support
  • West Midlands Fire Service

Dudley falls prevention service

Are you over 65 years, living in Dudley Borough and want to regain your confidence after a fall and maintain your independence while living at home? The Dudley falls prevention service offers a complete service for you.

Other support services and information

When it comes to care at home, you can make your own arrangements:

  • We have an approved list of care at home providers to assist you in making the right choice for you
  • There are, however, many other providers of care services who are not on our approved list. This does not necessarily mean that they will not provide good support. It may be that they just have not asked to be included.

It is always good to do your research before you choose a service - just as you would with anything else. You may find the Care Quality Commission website helpful. There, you will find independent reports for a wide range of home, residential and nursing care providers.

  • The fix-a-home directory is a list of tradespeople vetted by Dudley Trading Standards and Age UK Dudley. This includes cleaning services, gardeners and people specialising in home maintenance.
  • Dudley Telecare Service is a fully integrated alarm service. It offers a whole range of supportive living solutions