Skip to main content

If your circumstances have recently changed, leading to an overpayment on your council tax, you may be entitled to claim a refund.

If you have recently received a bill detailing you are in credit and do not pay by direct debit, please download the attached pro-forma (below) and return to

If the refund request is £100 or greater, please provide a copy of a recent bank statement.

Where payment is made by direct debit, the credit will be refunded to the bank account from which payment was made.

Please note: If you are currently in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (CTR), the credit detailed on your bill may change if you have a change of circumstances that affects the level of CTR you are entitled to.