Our aim is to give children, young people and their families access to the best services and opportunities at places that are most convenient for you.
Our borough Family Centres are now open, but with limited walk-in services.
You can however get information and support by calling the centres below between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday:
- Stourbridge Family Centre- 01384 818780
- Halesowen Family Centre- 01384 813954
- Brierley Hill Family Centre-01384 813322
- Dudley North Family Centre- 01384 813096
- Dudley Central Family Centre- 01384 812440
Report a concern about a child or young person
If you are concerned about a child or young person please call the telephone numbers below.
- During office hours call the children's services service on 0300 555 0050 selecting option 4 (9:00 – 5:00 Mon-Fri).
- Out of office hours contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0300 555 8574.
- In an emergency call 999.
About our family centres
The aim of the centres is to provide good quality, integrated services that have broad and lasting impact on children, their parents and the wider community. We are passionate about the wellbeing of our children, young people and families.
Family centres provide:
- the best start in life for every child
- better opportunities for parents
- access to affordable, good quality childcare combined with early education
- stronger and safer communities
- access to a range of child and family services
We are currently building on many examples of excellent practice within our schools, children’s centres and partner agencies. We are developing a cluster approach within the five township areas of the borough, with schools and family centres linking together in networks with the aim of delivering better outcomes for all children and young people.
Early Help is taking action early to provide support where problems are emerging for children, young people and their families. Early help support may be provided at any point in a child or young person’s life. You can access this help through an assessment at your local family centre.