The service includes qualified teachers, early years trainers, birth to three advisers and Area Special Educational Needs co-ordinators. These experienced early years advisers support private, voluntary and independent pre-schools and day care settings, funded childminders and some advisers work with nurseries and reception classes in primary schools.
to ensure that all early education settings in the borough have access to the support of a qualified early years professional
to support the raising of standards in teaching and learning within all early years educational provision in the borough by offering advice, challenge and guidance
to assist 0-5 provision in the borough to secure and maintain a good Ofsted judgement so that all children are able to attend a setting that is at least good
- to work closely with other providers and agencies, as appropriate to promote an effective partnership approach to provision of early years and childcare services
In the pursuit of quality provision for children and families within Dudley, advisers are able to offer assistance with the following:
- curriculum and environmental support that will improve the early learning opportunities on offer
- suggestions to improve the quality of teaching and learning to meet the requirements of Ofsted and the EYFS
- support to ensure that effective assessment and monitoring is in place and that children are making at least expected progress, and many good progress, from their starting points
- the delivery of central or bespoke professional development and assistance with identifying appropriate training
- support to ensure the promotion of equality and diversity and meeting the individual needs of children
- support in preparing for Ofsted inspection
- guidance when writing and implementing an effective action plan after an Ofsted inspection
- delivery of a range of audits to support setting evaluation and action planning
- guidance and advice for practitioners working with children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Contacting the team: tel: 01384 818086 or email email@example.com