Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

If you are a tenant with Dudley Council and you want to move from your existing property, one option is mutual exchange.

If you want to move and you want to remain in rented accommodation then our mutual exchange scheme offers the opportunity to swap with other tenants either in the Dudley borough or in other parts of the country.

Mutual exchange may also be a good option if you are on our transfer list waiting for a property to become vacant. The demand for council housing in the borough is much higher than vacant properties. Therefore, if you already have a property and want to move it may be quicker to do a mutual exchange.

HomeSwapper is the new mutual exchange website for social housing tenants. Register today:

  • Simple registration process

  • Nationwide membership means tenants from registered social landlords from across England can join HomeSwapper

  • Easy to use search facility

  • Receive match emails

  • See all property details search to within ¼ mile

  • Contact other swappers via the website

Conditions of mutual exchange

An exchange may be refused if:

  • either tenant has a Court Order ending their tenancy
  • either tenant has legal action pending which may end their tenancy because of rent arrears, breach of tenancy conditions, neighbour nuisance or damage to the property
  • either tenant has obtained the tenancy by deception or by paying someone to exchange with them
  • the tenancy is unsuitable for the person(s) wishing to move or is significantly larger than they need
  • the tenancy has special features not needed by the person(s) wishing to move (for example sheltered or adapted housing).

If there are rent arrears which have not yet led to a Court Order or Notice of Seeking Possession then we will usually give conditional approval for the exchange to take place after the arrears have been cleared. In exceptional circumstances we would consider allowing someone with rent arrears to exchange. We may also consider allowing a tenant to exchange with an owner-occupier or move into a property that is not as large as we think they need. These are all special cases that would have to be carefully considered.