Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

If you rent a council property, the Council provides buildings insurance. There is no need for tenants to take out buildings insurance.

The Home Contents Insurance scheme covers risks such as fire, theft, vandalism, TV, clothing, carpets and electrical goods. Most household goods and contents will be insured within the home. The insurance also covers loss and theft of keys and contents of freezer. There is also cover for personal liability.

All home contents are covered by the policy on a new for old basis, with the exception of linen and clothing which will be replaced at their current cost, less an amount for wear and tear.

Summary of Cover:

Minimum amount insured £5,000 for tenants living in sheltered accommodation. £6,000 for people over 60 years. £9000 for all other tenants and leaseholders
Types of losses insured: Fire, theft, Vandalism and water damage
Accidental Damage TV's their aerials, hi-fis, video recorders, personal computers,DVD players and decoders. External aerials including satellite dishes. Mirror and glasses
High Risk items: Personal items (but not clothing) including: Pictures, works of art, jewellery, watches, articles of gold, silver or other precious metals, stamp, coin and medal collections, photographic equipment. Televisions, radios, audio and video equipment. One third of the amount insured or £5,000, whichever is the greater
High Risk Items Single article limit of £1,500
Contents kept in outbuildings, garages, sheds, greenhouses and cellars Up to £2,000
Freezer Contents: Up to the amount insured
Theft and loss of keys/replacement locks: Up to the amount insured
Tenants and leaseholders improvements: Up to 20% of amount insured or £2,000 whichever is the greater
Money: Up to £3000
Fatal injury benefit: £5,000 death benefit no age limit
Personal liability £2,000,000

Please note that full accidental damage extension cover (up to 25% of the amount insured) is now available at an additional cost. This is only a brief summary of the policy cover. Cover is subject to status. Limits and conditions apply, and you should ensure that your requirements for insurance will be met. A specimen copy of the policy booklet is available on request. We recommend you keep a record (including copies of letters) of all information provided to the insurer for your future reference. A copy of the completed application form will be supplied on request within a period of three months after its completion.