We want to know your views on Dudley's Draft Local Plan and proposed site allocations for the borough. The council is asking for your opinions on policies used to help determine planning applications and also on where new development sites for housing and employment could be built up to the year 2041. The consultation ran until 5pm on 22 December 2023. Please note that the consultation has now closed.
The summary document, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and video below provide a useful overview of the plan. You can also read more about the local plan here and the stages involved in its adoption.
If you would like the summary document in an alternative format, or community language please contact the Dudley Planning Policy Team using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
How to submit a response and view the interactive document
Using the online portal
You can view the full draft local plan document and submit your comments using the online consultation portal.
You can view our interactive map here.
You can download and complete this consultation form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download and print the consultation form below and return it to Planning Policy Team, Dudley Council, Council House, 1 Priory Road, Dudley DY 11HF
Where you can view copies of the consultation documents
You can view copies of all of the documents here.
You can also view copies in council buildings and libraries as follows:
- Dudley Council House - 1 Priory Road, Dudley DY1 1HJ
- Dudley Council Plus - 259 Castle Street, Dudley DY1 1LQ
- Brierley Hill Library - Please note the library is currently undergoing refurbishment. During the refurbishment, library services can be accessed at the nearby St. Michael's Church, Bell Street South, Brierley Hill, DY5 3AA
- Coseley Library - Castle Street, Bilston WV14 9DW
- Cradley Library - Colley Lane, Cradley B63 2T
- Dudley Library - St James’ Road, Dudley DY1 1HR
- Dudley Wood Library Link - 6 Pavilion Gardens, Dudley DY2 0DE
- Gornal Library - Abbey Road, Lower Gornal DY3 2PG
- Halesowen Library - Queensway Mall, The Cornbow, Halesowen B63 4AZ
- Long Lane Library - Long Lane, Halesowen B62 9JY
- Lye Library - Chapel Street, Lye DY9 8BT
- Kingswinford Library - Market Street, Kingswinford DY6 9LG
- Netherton Library - The Savoy Centre, Northfield Road, Netherton DY2 9ES
- Sedgley Library - Ladies Walk, Sedgley DY3 3UA
- Stourbridge Library - Crown Centre, Stourbridge DY8 1YE
- Wordsley Library - Wordsley Green, Stourbridge DY8 5PD
During the course of the consultation, we will be holding a number of in person drop-in events. The drop in events provide the opportunity for anyone interested in the plan to view the documents, ask council officers any questions and get help completing a response. All events are listed below.
Wednesday 15 November, 3pm - 7pm
IT suite, Brierley Hill Neighbourhood Learning Centre, Hill Street, Brierley Hill DY5 2UE
Thursday 16 November, 12noon - 5.30pm
Mundo Suite, Halesowen Library, Queensway Mall, The Cornbow, Halesowen B63 4AZ
Saturday 18 November, 10.30am - 3.30pm
Reading Room, Dudley Library, St. James’ Road, Dudley DY1 1HR
Monday 20 November, 10.30am - 4.30pm
Deeley Room Kingswinford Library , Market Street, Kingswinford DY6 9LG
Wednesday 22 November, 3pm - 7pm
Wollaston Studio, Stourbridge Town Hall, Crown Centre, Crown Lane, Stourbridge DY8 1YE
Thursday 30 November, 2pm - 6pm
Sedgley Scout Hall, Jubilee Hall, Rear of Asda, Ladies Walk, Sedgley DY3 3UA
If you have any issues accessing the consultation documents, or would like to arrange to speak to a Planning Policy Officer, please contact us using the details below.