In Memoriam

HRH Duke of EdinburghOur thoughts are with the Royal family following the sad death of the Duke of Edinburgh.

In Memoriam, HRH Duke of Edinburgh

Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

It's a legal requirement to report certain accidents and incidents under the RIDDOR - Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013. An employer and the self-employed must report certain incidents, accidents, injuries, dangerous occurrences and diseases arising at work. It's an offence not to report a reportable accident. You are strongly advised to report an accident or incident as soon as possible.

What do I need to report?

As an employer, a person who is self-employed, or someone in control of work premises, you have legal duties under RIDDOR that require you to report and record some work-related accidents by the quickest means possible.

What are 'reportable' injuries?

The following injuries are reportable under RIDDOR when they result from a work-related accident:

  • The death of any person (Regulation 6)

  • Specified Injuries to workers (Regulation 4)

  • Injuries to workers which result in their incapacitation for more than 7 days (Regulation 4)

  • Injuries to non-workers which result in them being taken directly to hospital for treatment, or specified injuries to non-workers which occur on hospital premises. (Regulation 5)

How do I report accidents and incidents?

You can report directly via the Health and Safety Executive reporting website

What if I know about an accident that hasn't been reported?

You should make a complaint to us as soon as possible. It is very important to ensure that accidents are reported - not only because it is a legal requirement but to ensure that is properly investigated and that any problems do not happen again.

  • For further information or for general enquiries, please contact us using the form below.

    Contact Environmental Health

    Telephone: 0300 555 2345