Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

A premises licence allows a premises to be used for different licensable activities including the supply of alcohol, providing regulated entertainment and providing late night refreshment.

You need submit the appropriate application form to us. Please visit the Home Office website and download the form first.

How to apply

Application forms for the all licences that relate to the Licensing Act 2003 can be downloaded and printed from the Home Office website. Completed forms should be submitted to the Licensing Office. If you require the form to be checked prior to submission please call us first to arrange an appointment for you using the Contact Details box below.

Applicants will be expected to submit an application form, a plan of the premises, the relevant fee and where alcohol is to be sold a consent form from a personal licence holder and an operating schedule. This schedule will include the steps the applicant intends to take to promote the licensing objectives i.e.

  • the prevention of crime and disorder
  • public safety
  • the prevention of public nuisance
  • the protection of children form harm

Applicants must advertise the application and serve notice on the police and other responsible authorities.

Applications for a licence may be subject to representation and a hearing would be held to determine the application. Where no representations are received a licence is issued. Objections to the grant or variation of a premises licence can be made by 'responsible authorities', such as the police, fire service, environmental health officers, or any 'interested party'. The term 'interested party' can include local residents or businesses. In the event of an objection being lodged a hearing must be held to determine the application.

Please be aware that any submissions made will be open to public inspection at the Licensing Committee Hearings, which are open to the public to attend.

Application for a Replacement Premises Licence

The form to complete can be found at the bottom of this page.

Online Applications

You can now apply and pay for your application online for Premises, Clubs or Temporary Event related licences.  

Before making an online application please make sure you have the relevant application form downloaded and completed from the Home Office website and that you have the relevant documents (e.g. plans) ready as these will be uploaded with your online application (red links above)

How do I Object to an Alcohol Licence or Licence Variation Application?

If you wish to make representations with regards to a particular licence this can be done from the current Licences Awaiting Approval for new applications and Variation of Premises Licence list for Variations (e.g. - an extension of hours). Please note that all objections must be received within 28 days of the application being posted.


Information on Fee Levels can be found on the Home Office website. The Licensing Act 2003 ("The Act") provides for fees to be payable to the licensing authority in respect of the discharge of their functions. The fee levels are set centrally by the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, at a level to allow licensing authorities full cost recovery for the administration, inspection and enforcement of the new regime.

What happens if my Licence Circumstances change?

Please notify the Licensing Office immediately using the Contact Details box below.

If you wish to cease being the Designated Premised Supervisor, there is a form to be completed.