Our Trading Standards team relies on information from members of the public, businesses and organisations to catch criminals who trade in illegal goods and use scams to target vulnerable people.
The issues we need you to tell us about:
- The sale of counterfeit or illegally-imported tobacco and cigarettes
- Traders calling on vulnerable residents to offer gardening, roofing and driveway work etc.
- Supplying counterfeit goods
- Traders exploiting vulnerable residents by selling them over priced or misdescribed goods or services
- Traders supplying age restricted products, for example tobacco, alcohol, knives, fireworks to children
- Illegal money lending activity, known as loan sharks (matter will be passed to the national Illegal Money Lending team)
If you can provide information about the sale of illegal goods or scams, please let us know via our online reporting form or by our hotline on 01384 814600.
Do not use this online reporting form for supplying information if you need advice or for making a consumer complaint. This form is just for reporting an issue listed above which may provide Trading Standards with intelligence to be investigated. If you need advice or wish to make a consumer complaint, please use the link to the Citizens Advice Consumer Service in the section above.