Skip to main content
Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

Trading Standards, in partnership with Citizens Advice Consumer Service, provide support and protection to local consumers and businesses by advising and enforcing laws that govern the way we buy, sell, and rent.

We are responsible for enforcing a wide range of laws on the supply and distribution of goods and services and our job is to protect the public and honest businesses from rogue traders and illegal practices. Consumers have a right to receive value for money and traders and businesses should not be subjected to unfair competition from those operating outside the law.