Dudley Trading Standards can:
- Give advice to local traders about what consumer protection laws apply to them and how they can stay within the law.
- Provide, in partnership with the Citizens Advice Consumer Service (CACS), free advice to consumers on their legal rights when buying goods or services
- Record all enquiries and use the information to help us identify the issues of most concern to local residents and businesses. This is a vital part of our intelligence gathering work.
- Investigate complaints and, where necessary, prosecute traders that are not complying with trading standards laws
- If the trader involved is based outside Dudley Metropolitan Borough area or our investigations reveal that potential offences have been committed outside this area, we will pass the details to the trader's local Trading Standards team to deal with as they see fit.
- If we are dealing with your complaint, we will keep you informed and contact you when the investigation is over.
The aims and priorities of the service are outlined in our service plan.
Dudley Trading Standards aims to deliver an effective, efficient and high quality service to improve and protect public health, protect local communities and support the local economy as outlined in our Customer Charter and Business Charter.