Skip to main content

Essential Maintenance

Due to essential maintenance, our estore payment system will be unavailable at different times between 8am and 4pm on Sunday 14 April. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

There are many ways you can find support to help yourself and your family as household costs rise

Household support fund - Help with the Cost of Living

The Government has made an extra £842 million available to help the most vulnerable across England.

The funding is an extension of the Household Support Fund and has been allocated by the Department for Work and Pensions to councils in England, who will then use it to support those in need in their local area.

The Household Support Fund is there to help low income households, including families, pensioners, unpaid carers, care leavers and disabled people. It provides immediate help for those who are struggling. This could include help with your energy, water, broadband and phone bills, as well as other essentials such as food, clothing and hygiene products. The fund can also assist with transport-related costs such as car repairs, buying a bicycle or paying for fuel.

Cost of Living Support Hubs

Citizens Advice Cost of Living Support Hubs can provide help to Dudley residents in need of support.

These hubs can offer support and information on how to save money and make money stretch further. They also provide practical help relating to food, fuel and access to available grants and funds based on qualifying criteria.

Community support

If you are unable to access the Cost of Living Support Hubs, there are many other community organisations offering assistance to Dudley residents.

Winter Warmth Service

The Winter Warmth Support Scheme from Dudley Energy Advice Line aims to help keep vulnerable people warm and well during the winter months. Anyone struggling to afford their energy bills or concerned about getting cold themselves, or worried about a friend, relative or neighbour can call and request assistance.

There are a number of grants and discount schemes available for vulnerable people struggling with their energy bills, including the Household Support Fund Grant.

You can access this by:

  • Referral from a professional.
  • Direct request - evidence needs to be provided of meter and bank account balances.

Please contact the Dudley energy advice line to request assistance.  

Further advice

For further advice visit our household costs and winter warmth pages